Friday, March 09, 2012
This is the Thirty Three Thousand Seven Hundred Forty Ninth access since
Screenshot of Launch Pads's specification screen:
Screenshot of Launch Pads's build files screen:
- What is it?
- Launch Pad generates fully configurable, native, launchers with custom icon and tray support. This means different things to different people:
- For all programmers: It's an easy way to add full tray support to your applications.
- For Pocket C / VB CE programmers: Add a custom icon and the ability to handle command line parameters to your applications.
- For everyone: Lets you use custom designed icons anywhere on your H/PC. (See Pike for an icon editor.)
- Download / Use:
- Download the apropriate zip file (above)
- Copy the CAB file to device and double click to install.
- To Run Launch Pad select Launch Pad under Programs on the Start menu.
- A Windows CE 2.0 (or higher) device.
Pocket C runtime ver. 2.0 (December 18 build or later) -
Available free from
- Current Version?
- The latest version is Version 1.0 and is dated May 30,
- Known Problems:
- Tray launcher's menus get drawn in the upper left corner.
- Why was it written?
- I wanted a way to use the icons I was creating with
Pike (the Icon editor I wrote).
- Where was it written?
- The bulk of Launch Pad was originally written in Australia with the remainder written in New Zealand. This version was also worked on in India, The Maldives, Nepal, and Thailand.
If you're intrested here's my
- What is OnHiatus Software?
- This is a collection of software that I started writting while traveling in Africa. It's
all free, none of it is guaranteed, and it all does something I find useful but
you may not. I only have an HP Jornada 720 so I can't comment on it's suitability
for other machines. See my Software page for
other Windows CE applications in the OnHiatus Software project.
NOTE:This Application is Freeware. No guarantees, I
can't be held responsible for any damages caused by using or misusing this
program! You get what you pay for...
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I feel that Launch Pad is stable and robust, but I have only tested
this version on an HP Jornada 720.
hi·a·tus \hi-'â-tes\ n [L. fr. hiare to yawn] 1 : a lapse in continuity : GAP
Back To: Home Page,